Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Monday, 4/7/08

Time: 4AM
Tried something new for cardio today. Supposed to do intervals so I took my step and did a basic warm up and then did intervals of mountain climbers and/or jumping jacks and skipping rope. Halfway through I started tripping over the rope so I went back to the step and alternated basic stepping for the 45 and polymetric jumps over the step for the 15. Then cool down. Was ok, but the calorie burn wasn't much and it was hard to see the time change.
So totals were 24 min, 147 cals
Time: 4PM
Incline DB Press: 28/12, 37/12, 42/8, 44/6, 6, 6
Mid Bar Press: 85/10, 95/8, 8, 8
Chest dips: 6ish, 2, 1
Rope Press: 30/12, 35/10, 40/8, 8
tricep bar extention: 40/10, 10, 10

DB presses were great, felt strong and had good form. The mid bar press I'm still working on getting these perfect with the 95, a lot better than last week though.
chest dips???? ugh. So I have been doing these in the past with my feet up on a step so sort of assisted. I want to try to start doing them unassisted but for some reason these are just so hard for me! For one thing, I can't get a good forward lean going, is that normal. I feel like I can't go low enough. The first set where I did 6 were kind of half reps so I am now working on only doing perfect reps thats why I only got 2 and 1, but I did a whole bunch of work trying to get those! LOL

No comments: